GLOBAL CLIMATE ACTION SUMMIT – AFFILIATE EVENT
Talanoa Dialogue Town Hall
- Title: Smart carbon pricing for economic health and resilience
- Description: Non-Party Stakeholder Empowerment Workshop
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 13, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Registration page coming soon.
To solve the climate crisis, we also need to solve the problem of unsustainable undiversified local economies. This event will examine ways in which smart carbon pricing policy can spark a renaissance of locally rooted economic activity at the human scale, in communities that would be left behind by long-dominant industrial practices.
The transition to a clean economy is a transition to smart, innovation-centered decentralization of talent, resources, and influence.
In support of the role of non-Party stakeholders in expanding global climate action, and in the spirit of the Talanoa Dialogue, this workshop invites citizens and stakeholders into dialogue with each other, to explore carbon pricing impacts on the Main Street economy, and develop a 20-year vision for climate-smart transformation.
Intended outcomes include:
- ongoing engagement with citizen climate advocates,
- new policy initiatives for non-federal governments,
- diverse draft 20-year climate action visions, and
- a combined input to the Fall 2018 submission period of the Talanoa Dialogue Preparatory Phase.
The event will combine elements of a standard Citizens’ Climate Lobby Climate Advocate Training workshop with one of the meeting formats outlined in the Talanoa Dialogue Engagement Toolkit, which is online at engage4climate.org/talanoa